Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Estou Perdida!

"The future has a way of arriving unannounced." - George Will, an American journalist

Ok, so I haven't been writing for a while. Admittedly, I suck. However, it's 2009, and as part of my New Year's resolution (#5), here I am.

"Change, change, and more change." That's all I've been hearing since the world has gone haywire some six months ago. For whatever reason, I started applying for random jobs even though I like my job now. And as luck would turn out, I was offered a position in a teaching program in São Paulo, Brasil. This was back in early December. I waffled, moaned, debated, and sat on the fence on this decision until now, ten days before I'm set to start this program.

I remember when I got the job in Japan. Without any hesitation, I signed my life away without a care in the world. That was four years ago. I'm slightly older now and slowly approaching a certain age which I'm in denial of. There's that doubt in my mind that I might not be able to do it all again. Can I adapt to life in Brazil? Will I make friends there? Will I freak out and jump back on the plane? 

Decisions... decisions...

No comments: