Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Monday

06:00 -The alarm goes off for the fifth time. I slowly roll off my top bunk wishing it was Saturday again.

07:30 - All the sentences the students are making are related to either the cold or wanting to go back to bed.

08:10 - We pull up to the school. My ugly school ratdog, Linguiça (Brasilian sausage), is barking at me as usual. Kris, Felipe, and I talk about how to get rid of him again.

09:00 - I am yelling at my computer because the Internet connection keeps flaking on me. I was speaking to my old friend from Japan, Haruka, who I haven't talked to in over 3 years.

13:05 - I am teaching my favorite group at Behr. Rafael keeps asking me if I brought him candy. (Rafael is 26 years old engineer.)

16:00 - My co-worker tells me that Linguiça is dead as I'm going to class.

16:10 - Amalia is talking about the Jonas Brothers again and I pretend to listen. She is 11 years old. I have learned a lot about the Jonas Brothers because of her.

17:00 - Amalia and I find
Linguiça in the bushes next to the school. I feel sad.

18:40 - The ex kepts staring.

21:00 - The day is over. I celebrate by eating chocolate.

22:00 - My housemate Kris informs me that one of our friends was arrested last week and is now sitting in prison probably for at least the next 3 years.

23:00 - I attempt to fall asleep but fail. My stomach is making odd noises.

I'm hoping next Monday will be slightly better.

No comments: