Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I Hate Goodbyes

Goodbye #1: Had to say goodbye to one of my favorite students, Naho. She's taking off to merry old England for 6 months to study art. I first met Naho (with her partner in crime, Sayaka) at my first day at Nishiharu. They asked me if I was from Thailand. Together, the knuckleheads tortured me relentlessly by somehow saying the following:
Naho: I'm stupid.
Sayaka: I'm stupid.
Naho+Sayaka: We are comedians.
That would go on for an entire lesson. I would be pounding my head on the table saying "What do I do?! What do I do?!" But I love them. (I taught them "sod off." They're going to try that on a Brit. hehe...)
Goodbye #2: Said goodbye to Rob who arrived in Japan the same time I did some 1.5 years ago. He helped make my life at Tajimi a little bit more tolerable.

No comments: