Tuesday, January 02, 2007

How I Have Spent My New Year's Eve...

2003-2004: London
I watched the fireworks by the London Eye (the very big Ferris wheel) with Kech and Phuong. Apparently, the city of London spent quite a few quids for some spectacular show. Sadly, there was no countdown. Suddenly, we heard explosions. It was pretty but it only lasted 3 minutes and then it was all over. It took another 2 hours to walk roughly 2 kilometers (~1.2 miles).


2004-2005: New York City
Trang and I decided to go to Times Square and watch the ball drop like on TV. We waited for about 8 hours in between Broadway and 41st Ave. Now, those 8 hours would've been a little better had there been bathrooms or restaurants that were opened. (Security concerns... once we entered the area, we couldn't leave.) The last 5 minutes were probably the most exciting. Then, it took about an hour to get to a subway station.

2005-2006: Bangkok
Sally and I had ringside seats for Muy Thai boxing. (Muy Thai boxing is pretty much anything goes. Lots of blood.) We saw fireworks going off on the ride back to the hotel.





2006-2007: Tokyo
There was no real plan. Met some randoms from Nagoya who happened to be in the area. We did 2 bar hops in Shibuya before settling at the 3 Coin bar. 2 Gin&Tonics, 3 China Blues, and 2 shots of Tequila later, I called it a night. I arrived back at my friend's house around 3am smelling like an ash tray.

No comments: