Monday, January 29, 2007

I Like The Beach

Current location: Ko Phi-Phi, Thailand


After another ordeal with planes (Nok Air can shove it where the sun doesn't shine), I ended up in southern Thailand on a little island called Ko Phi-Phi made famous by Leonardo DiCaprio and "The Beach." I found a sunburned Rob standing by the pier and together we went hunting for accommodations, a daily ritual. (For our first night, we ended up with the honeymoon suite. Quite comical... We were both pissing ourselves. )

Phi-Phi is a party island. There's loud music, lots of drinking, and lots of random stuff found in the sand. (I won't say what but I was pretty disgusted by it.) Both of us couldn't be bothered with that stuff but we did all the beach activities one can do... kayaking, snorkeling, swimming, sitting on boats, island-hopping, laying on the beach and doing nothing.

I'm not sure how much more I can take of this relaxing thing. It's been good but weird. Doing absolutely nothing. Oh wait... I've been doing it since November. Nevermind.

No comments: