Thursday, February 01, 2007

More and More Beaches... I Just Can't Get Enough!

Current location: Ao Nang, Thailand


We're still in southern Thailand enjoying the last bits of sand and sun before heading back to Bangkok tomorrow. And yes, I'm still bumming around with Rob. It's been almost an entire week and I didn't even think about hurting him once or using my "brilliant" exit plan. I'm so proud of me. I'm going to give myself a gold star.
Done.

Yesterday, we decided a little change in activities would do us some good so we went to cooking school. Our teacher was great although I can't remember his name for the life of me. He started out as a monk many years ago so he could go to school. After 5 years, he decided he wanted improve his English so he opened up a cooking school. He picked us up in his leather interior Toyota Camry and drove us to his home/school. Since we were the only students there, we got personal attention (which I needed.) We made Thai dishes that most people are familiar with: Pai Thai, Papaya Salad, green curry, and Tom Yun Kun (It's spicy and sweet. There's lime, fish sauce, and shrimp in it. Nova-ians... C39... and yes, I have tried it. Have you?). The guy kept asking us who did the cooking at home or who was responsible for what in the relationship. Tired of explaining to everyone that we're not together, we just nodded our heads and smiled.

Today, we island-hopped. After some misunderstand with the boat driver (an angry Rob can be scary to be around), we spent the day basking in the sun, snorkeling (I saw Nemo!), sitting, me lying down thinking I'm going to upchuck an organ, and people watching. There was "hairy back man", "grandma who really shouldn't be wearing that bikini", and "black Speedo man". One particular favorite... "thong man". And he wasn't just any "thong man". He was "thong man" with a mullet. (Gotta love the Europeans!) Everywhere we went, "thong man" was right there with us.

(Now, I would like to apologize for all of those who just suffered permanent eye damage viewing the pictures above. I wanted to prove that I wasn't making stuff up. Again, I'm sorry.)

No comments: