Saturday, February 10, 2007

And I'm Back...

Current location: Nagoya, Japan


After 3 weeks of perfect weather, great food (and endless trips to the toilet... the curry didn't sit too well but it was so good), lots of time on airplanes (last count:10), a funny smell in my backpack (it was the sand and spilled sunscreen... not me), a big hole in my wallet (why did everything have to be so cheap) and a wonderful sense of freedom (professional bum at its best), I've returned to Japan. I can't even compare the two. I had so many great adventures on this trip. I really wish I could keep going. And in theory, I could, but then that's just not responsible, right?

We touched down at Chubu at 9p, a little weary and very cold. Immigration let me through which was really exciting for me considering my particular circumstance. (I also told a little white lie. In my defense, the guy never looked at the back of my passport.) And even better, customs didn't make me open my bag. (First time ever after 5 searches.) On the way to Nagoya station, I stared outside the buildings and streets that passed by. I listened to the Meitetsu employee blurt out the next stop with endless instructions on how to get off the train. I saw the big Nagoya hair and the mini-skirts with high-heel boots in the middle of winter. I really didn't miss it. None of it. It's definitely time to go. I just need to get through the next few days, then off to my next adventure... the States... scary.

No comments: