Monday, February 05, 2007

The Return of Turtle Island

Current location: Ko Tao, Thailand


After meeting up with Glenn, Voan, and Brandon, we heading to Bangkok for some food with Glenn's friend from university. (It was actually a massive Thai feast. I thought I was going to die because of a stomach explosion.) The next day, we did some touristy stuff around Bangkok (and went to Boots... yay!!!) then in the evening, we all jumped in a bus and headed for Turtle Island, aka Ko Tao. (Oddly enough, back in Nagoya, I lived in Kamejima, which translates out to Turtle Island.) It was a pretty rough ride. I do not recommend the overnight bus. We ended up in Chumphon at 4a, tired and a little frustrated that we still had a 3 hour wait before the boat leaves. We finally arrived in Ko Tao around 9a. All I can say is that I wasn't pleasant to be around. (Sorry guys!)

Ko Tao is a lot less noisy than Phi-Phi and Ao Nang but a little to on the resort side for me. Glenn found a nice bungalow complete with an outdoor shower, complementary fruit, and crabs roaming the porch. I'm still hesitant to stay here the entire time. I'm a little beached out. I should see some culture. Or at least not see drunk falangs (foreigners). We'll see.

No comments: