Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Micasa Sucasa

I've been officially published as of today. In theory, I should be happy. According to the magazine, over 3.1 million people per month fly this airline. The probability of at least one person reading it while bored sitting on a plane is pretty high. So, why am I a bit miffed?

In actuality, I wrote 2 pieces. One was the "3 of the best: Conversions". (Well, I wrote most of it. An editor's job is to edit. Blah...)
The other was a destination guide to Casablanca, Morocco. I spent an entire day scouring for any information I can find for a place that doesn't have much information to be found. So, when I opened up to the back of the magazine and looked at Casablanca, imagine my surprise when I saw this:
In my editor's defense, I do understand why he did that. I mean, these destination guides are suppose to be written by locals. Wouldn't you believe a Chinese girl living in Morocco? We're like weeds. We're everywhere!

(Yeah, I wouldn't believe it either.)

1 comment:

Thom said...

Congratulations on being a published author!