Monday, April 02, 2007

My Whole New World

Current location: London, England, UK


Visiting London and actually living in London are 2 very different things. I can't decide if I like it or not. I've come up with 3 theories as to why I can't decide: 1. It's because I've gotten use to living in Asia; 2. It's a big, crowded, busy city; or 3. It's because it's London.

I started my new job today in the exciting world of publishing. I showed up with my business clothes while everyone in the office were in jeans and a t-shirt. Right now, I'm trying to write a little blimp about places that use to be other places for the Easyjet (a budget airline that flies around Europe) in-flight magazine. (For those flying Easyjet any time in May, check out the "3 of the best" section.) It's hard to concentrate in an office full of chatter. (Times like this requires a cafe to sit in and people-watch, a carmel macchiato, and the ipod.) The people in the office are a bit closed off, but I think that's more of a British thing. But all-in-all, it was a pretty good day.

Lots to learn and so little time to do so!!!!!!!

No comments: