Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The evil corporation they call Nova

I keep asking myself... Why the heck am I still working for Nova?!?! Oh yeah, I broke my leg and need the health insurance. Damn...

Two Mondays ago, I walked into work and accidentally saw the new schedule for November. I looked at my name wanting to know how many times will I not be at my branch when I discovered something interesting. My days off magically changed from Wednesday/Thursday to Saturday/Sunday, the coveted schedule that everyone wants (but me). It wouldn't have been such a big deal if the boss, who we will call The Tool, gave me a little more notice. And also, just by random luck, I would have to work 8 days straight before I get a day off. Anywho, as I was staring at the paper wondering if The Tool smoked some crack while writing the schedule, guess who calls and guess who he wants to speak to??? This was the basic gist of the conversation:

The Tool: I'm going to have to change your days off to Saturday/Sunday. A teacher will be transferring into the branch and she must have your days off.
Me: Yeah, I just saw the November schedule. Why must she have my days off?
The Tool: Oh, you weren't suppose to see that. [10 second pause] So, will it be a problem your days off change? [The Tool never answered my question.]
Me: Yes, it will be.
The Tool: Well, it's the same schedule as Mr. Plastic [the Nova spy who use to work at my branch but has since moved to be closer to The Tool]. Everyone wants Saturday/Sunday off.
Me: Hmmm... Not me. I already have plans in November based on my current schedule now. I have non-refundable plane tickets.
The Tool: Oh. Well, you can put in a vacation request and I will approve it even though it's less than a month away.
Me: Gee, thanks. I have to go prepare for class now. Bye.

I hung up the phone and was fuming. I couldn't wait until my 5 lessons were over. During the in-between time, I filled out several vacation requests and most important of all, the resignation form. It's now been more than a week since that last conversation. I still haven't turned in the resignation form. Strategic planning to create maximum damage.

Bitter? Possibly. I'm done now. Please excuse me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heya,
Gosh i was checking out some of the xanga nova blogs and eventually got to youe page. I know what you mean about nova being a crappy organisation. Our manager is a real prick too. Here's the freaky thing i was looking at some of your pics and i saw Glenn and Wong! I met them at orientation in Melbourne. Talk about small world!