Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thoughts...

It was a beautiful day today (or yesterday... technically). Did a lot of thinking and would like to share some thoughts.
  • It sucks having only one day off. (But I can't really complain. Come December, I'll probably be begging someone to give me work.)
  • Taking the Japanese Proficiency test is looking like a really bad idea now.
  • For the first time in a really long time, I'm starting to feel normal again. (i.e. The leg is starting to feel normal again!!! YA-TA!!!)
  • Holy moley!!! The exchange rate from yens to USD is horrible!!! I wanted to cry. ($1=¥121)
  • It's been so long since I've seen US money. It looks like Monopoly money. I stared at it for a good 10 minutes.
  • I really miss buying airplane tickets over the Internet. It's been a week now since I paid for my ticket to Vietnam, and it still hasn't come. (The travel agent has to call the airline for them to confirm that there is a seat available even though the computer said there is a seat. Then, once the airline receives payment for the said seat, a paper ticket is issued. [Apparently, the printer prints really slowly there.] Finally, after the ticket has been checked and rechecked, it is sent off to the travel agent, and given to an impatient customer.)
  • I should probably stop buying vegetables since the only thing I do to it is let it rot in my refrigerator.
  • I love discount stickers at the grocery store!
  • Bic Camera can be an evil place. I want everything in there.
  • My guilty pleasures: America's Top Model and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.
  • I will never be a professional scrapbooker. (I just put lots of pictures to compensate the lack of creativity. Sorry Naomi... Have fun in Namibia!)
  • I finally saw The Last Samurai. It was good. Had Tom Cruise not been it, it would've been better.
  • I suck at poker. (Enjoy my money, Voan!)
  • There was an attack of the Charisma Men and it wasn't pretty. (gag... gag... But there was a cheering section for the good side.)
  • Nothing beats a woman's intuition.
  • I really should sleep instead of write in my blog. (Why did the wireless have to work so well?!?!?!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey girl.. glad your leg is working again. =) Just in time for you to book an African safari. I welcome you to my humble hut. Supposively we'll be in the Northern region. Could be rainforesty, although... mosquitos=malaria. Can't wait to see your scrapbook page. Talk to you soon.
-Naomi