Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Lamenting

00. Extremely fuzzy but was told I looked happy.
01. Pictures indicate it was good. However, all eyes went to the next attention-stealer. There's a picture of me in a pretty pink dress trying to get rid of the competition.
02. Very fuzzy
03. Went to Chinese school and learned how to say "You misbehave" in Mandarin and then told that to my grandmother. She finally forgave me about 17 years later.
04. Fuzzy
05. Fuzzy
06. First day of a new school, I threw up in the middle of the cafeteria. I was then known as the "throw up girl."
07. Second day of another new school, in an attempt to make new friends, I stood up in the middle of class and proceeded to tell a joke I heard on the playground and proceeded to butcher it. The silence was so defining that you could hear crickets.
08. Questionable
09. Questionable
10. Questionable
11. Questionable
12. I do not recommend going from a private religious school to a public school.
13. Questionable
14. Questionable
15. Questionable
16. Being a geek was hard work.
17. Watching mom cry as she helped me move into my first apartment was a bit traumatizing.
18. Questionable
19. Questionable
20. Questionable
21. Got 3 wheels of a car! Even better, I got to wear a black robe and a funny hat.
22. Entering the real world was scary.
23. The nomad-ing began!
24. Very questionable
25. Did not make mom happy but she knows I'm crazy so she accepted my decision. Glad I did it!
26. A very trying time but I think I learned a lot and have grown up because of it. Everyone needs one these rough patches to say they had one, I guess.
27. TBD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Elaine :)
Best wishes!
Glenn and Wong